Pan fried pork steaks with cheese sauce and chopped olives
By Panagiotis Giannakas,
Chef and co-owner of the grill-bar Ovelia Psistaria in New York, USA
2 cups chopped green olives, pitted
For the feta sauce:
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 30 gr white vinegar
- A pinch of white pepper
For the pork steaks:
- Pork steaks (0.5 inch thick)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
Preparation of the feta sauce:
– Combine all the ingredients in a blender
– Stir gradually to create an even smoother and creamier purée.
You can double the amount of the ingredients and keep a large part of this tasteful purée in the fridge. You can use it then as an accompanying sauce for salads.
Preparation of the pork steaks:
– Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
– Rub the mixture on both sides of the steaks and then set them aside.
– Heat the olive oil in a pan (medium-high heat).
– Check oil temperature by pouring a pinch of flour. It will sizzle.
– Place two steaks each time in the pan and let them brown on both sides.
– Normally, 2-3 minutes on the one side and 1-2 minutes on the other are enough.
– Finally, place the pork steaks on a plate or plateau and dress them with feta sauce.
– You can spread the chopped olives on the top using a spoon.